So you’ve just adopted a puppy. Congratulations! No doubt this is an exciting, and perhaps overwhelming moment in your life. Puppies are the best! So joyous, so happy, so silly- they enrich our lives. As anyone who has raised a puppy will tell you though, puppies can be a lot of work initially. PetParents who begin their journey with a new puppy prepared will be off to a great start from the get-go.
In order to help, we’ve collected a list of some of the most essential items that you’ll want to have purchased, set up, and ready to go before your new puppy comes home. This list of basics will help ensure that you and your puppy get off on the right foot and have the opportunities to begin bonding immediately without stress.
New Puppy Checklist:
1. Food & Water bowls
2. High quality puppy food- we understand it can be overwhelming- turn to your vet for recommendations
3. A dog bed- for long snooze sessions
4. Collar, leash, and tags to ID your puppy
5. Bag of treats- the time to start training is NOW, and your puppy will need some motivation
6. Toys- lots of toys, and a variety of colors, sizes, shapes and features. See our product reviews for suggestions
7. Poo Pick Up Bags- for when duty calls
8. An appropriately sized crate if you intend to crate train your puppy
9. Carpet cleaner- because we all know accidents happen during potty training!