Here is another recipe that Ginger devoured instantly! She is really loving her new vegan diet. She gets SO excited every time I prepare her food, which is a huge change from when I’d put kibble in her bowl. Here are some updates in changes we’ve noticed since Ginger’s switch to becoming vegan: her breath is much fresher and she has had significant improvement in digestion. (Before becoming vegan, she would vomit or have diarrhea at least once a week. Since becoming vegan she has not done either of those things!) Also, it is much easier for her to go #2, and she goes much more frequently. So far, the vegan diet seems to be working amazingly well for Ginger! We are thrilled with the results!
Calories per serving: 422
Equipment you’ll need: stock pot, baking sheet
1 large sweet potato
1 cup frozen peas, cooked according to directions on package
2/3 cups uncooked quinoa + 1 1/3 cup water (yields 2 cups cooked)
1 banana, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line baking sheet with tin foil.
3. Pierce sweet potato with a fork multiple times around the sweet potato.
4. Place on baking sheet and bake for one hour.
5. While sweet potato is baking, cook quinoa: Bring quinoa and water to a boil in stockpot. Lower temperature and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
6. Chop sweet potatoes into small pieces when cooled.
7. Combine quinoa, sweet potatoes, peas, and banana, and separate into 3 equal servings.
8. Serve to your pup and watch them enjoy!