My dog, Ginger, absolutely loves this meal. Since I started feeding her a complete vegan diet, she is more excited about eating than ever before! She is still a bundle of energy, and she has had a significant improvement in digestion. This diet is relatively new, so I will keep y’all posted on any other changes I notice in her.
Cost per serving: $0.64
Calories per serving: 356
Equipment you’ll need: stock pot, baking sheet
1 large sweet potato
2/3 cups uncooked brown rice + 1 1/3 cup water (yields 2 cups cooked)
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
6 kale leaf stems, broken into 1 inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line baking sheet with tin foil.
3. Pierce sweet potato with a fork multiple times around the sweet potato.
4. Place on baking sheet and bake for one hour.
5. While sweet potato is baking, cook rice: Bring rice and water to a boil in stockpot. Lower temperature and simmer, covered, for about 45 minutes.
6. Chop sweet potatoes into small pieces when cooled.
7. Combine rice, beans, sweet potatoes, and kale stems and separate into 3 equal servings.
8. Serve your pup this delicious and nutritious meal and see how much they love it!