The Boston Terrier, is a delightfully charming, dapper dog. Bostons are an ‘All-American’ breed- developed in the stables of Boston. With low exercise requirements, a Boston Terrier is satisfied with a short walk or game of fetch. Arguably one of the most adorable puppies, Bostons should weigh anywhere between 10-20 lbs when full grown. Bostons are quite clever and are very trainable, but are prone to having a stubborn streak.
Click here to find Boston Terrier rescue organizations!
Top 10 Facts:
1. Bostons come in two main colors, and can be black or brindle with white markings.
2. The breed originated in post Civil War Boston.
3. Bostons are known to grunt, snort, and wheeze occasionally due to their ‘squished face.’
4. Bostons are compact, square shaped dogs with a ‘bully look’ to them.
5. Bostons make for great family dogs and enjoy playing fetch with a ball.
6. Boston Terriers are bred to be companion animals.
7. The breed is prone to several healthy problems, including cataracts, heart murmurs, and allergies.
8. Bostons are very intolerant to both heat and cold and cannot be outdoor dogs.
9. The Boston Terrier has an average lifespan of 10-14 years.
10. The Boston breed was not recognized by the AKC until 1893.