Cocker Spaniels, are playful, cheerful & merry. Seemingly always smiling, the Cocker is a popular American breed for families. They’re very friendly towards both people & other dogs, and make an excellent watch dog. Cocker Spaniels are not the easiest breed to train, and require an owner with patience and dedication.
Click here to find Cocker Spaniel rescue organizations!
Top 10 Facts:
1. According to the AKC, Cocker Spaniels are one of the most popular breeds.
2. Cockers require regular trimming and grooming as well as careful ear maintenance.
3. Cocker Spaniels have a lifespan of 12-15 years.
4. There is both an English and an American Cocker Spaniel.
5. This breed’s coat can be any solid color, black & tan, merle,and parti-color.
6. Cockers have feathering on their ears, and back of legs.
7. President Nixon once owned a Cocker named ‘Checkers.’
8. Most cocker spaniels enjoy swimming and a game of fetch.
9. The Cocker Spaniel has an average litter size of about 5 puppies.
10. Cockers are known as the smallest breed in the Sporting Group.